SOCIAL MEDIA ONLINE CONTEST (SWEEPSTAKES)
NOTE TO USER: This template is intended to be used for Social Media Online Contests and was drafted based on the assumption that the skill-testing question will be administered after an eligible entrant has been selected but always before they have been declared a winner. To customize this template, locate all highlighted areas and insert all required information and amend accordingly. [ ] = Instructions; = Variable words/phrases to be selected for insertion. All contests and the nature of prizes are different so use of this template should be as a guideline only - Legal approval should not be assumed. Once customized, templates should be sent to Molson Legal for review.
Note that the BC Liquor Distribution Branch and other liquor boards do not permit entry into alcohol-related Contests by any employees of a Provincial liquor authority (e.g. the Branch, the LCLB) or any licensees authorized by it. This means that any employee of a licensed or retail premise is not permitted to enter any Molson contest that is running in BC. The same applies for Ontario ONLY WHEN the contest is being conducted either partially or fully in the LCBO.
[Ultimate Creemore Lavender Experience]
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter, you must be: (i) a resident of Ontario (excluding Quebec)]; (ii) of the legal drinking age in the province in which you reside. You are not eligible to enter or win, if you are: a) an employee, representative or agent of Molson Canada 2005 (the “Sponsor[s]”), [its or any of their respective] affiliates and related companies, advertising or promotional agencies, contest judging organization, any participating stores or the prize suppliers; b) an employee or contractor of a provincial liquor authority, a beer distribution company or a participating licensed establishment, or, any liquor licensee authorized by a provincial liquor authority; c) anyone involved in the development and/or administration of the Contest; or d) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest begins on or around [June 12 at 9 a.m. EST] and all entries must be submitted and received by 11:59 pm EST on June 16 (the “Entry Deadline” and “Contest Closing Date”). Before entering the Contest, you must ensure your private settings option is set “Off”. To enter, you must: (i) have a valid Instagram account; (ii) follow @purplehill_lavender @creemoresprings and @explore.ontario Instagram accountsand (iii) tag your friends to enter; more tags equals more entries (the “Entry”).
Entrants can submit an Entry using Instagram either through the Internet or through a mobile device. If entering via mobile, standard data rates may apply. Check your service carrier plan for your rates and fees. Each submitted Entry will count as one (1) Entry into the Contest. If it is discovered by the Sponsor[s] that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than the maximum stated number of entries as outlined in these Official Contest Rules; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities, email addresses, more than one (1) Instagram account or any other automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) to enter the Contest or to otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest, then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest and all of his/her Entries voided. Entries submitted in any other manner and format other than what is outlined hereinabove will not be accepted. Entries must only be submitted by the entrant themselves and must not infringe upon the rights of any third party. Entries that do not comply with these Official Contest Rules or that contain prohibited, or inappropriate content such as illegal, immoral, offensive or defamatory, nor can they infringe upon the rights of any third party, person or otherwise as determined by the Sponsor or its agent in their sole discretion will be disqualified.
The Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, misdirected or late Entries, all of which will be void. Use (or attempted use) of any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor[s]. All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor[s] reserve[s] the right, in [its/their] sole discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor[s] – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor[s] in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
- PRIZE: There [is one* prize(s) (each a, or the “Prize”) available to be won. The Prize consists of a two night stay at Creemore Springs’ Creemore Vacation House , a private picnic experience set amongst the lavender fields and complete with picnic set-up, charcuterie box, etc. for up to four guests, samples of the Creemore Springs Lavender Sour and tour of the Creemore Springs brewery. Prize must be redeemed July 8 - 10 weekend. Approximate value: $500. Winner shall be responsible for travel to/from Creemore to redeem their prize. If the selected winner is not available on the contest dates, another winner shall be selected.
Prize[s] is[are] not transferable or assignable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s[s’] sole discretion. Sponsor[s] [reserves/reserve] the right, in [its/their] sole discretion to substitute a Prize of equivalent monetary value, if a Prize or any part of the Prize, cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible, however, if weather conditions, event cancellations, or other factors beyond Sponsor’s[s’] reasonable control prevent a Prize or any part of a Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, winner will not be provided with a substitute Prize or cash equivalent. Prize[s] will only be released to the verified winner[s]. Return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate eligible winner.
- DRAWINGS: On or around 11:59 pm EST on June 16 near Creemore, a random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible Entries received. The Sponsor[s] or [its/their] designated agents will attempt to notify the selected entrant by direct messaging/commenting on their Entry. To be declared a winner of a Prize, a selected entrant must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question by telephone and without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise. If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted within 5 business days of the first attempted notification; (ii) fails to correctly answer, or incorrectly answers, the skill-testing question; (iii) fails to execute and return to Sponsor[s] any required Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability forms for the selected entrant within the time period indicated on such forms; and/or (iv) cannot accept the applicable Prize as awarded for any reason whatsoever, then the applicable Prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor[s] has the right but not the obligation, in their sole discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible entrant. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
- RELEASES, ETC.: Before being declared a winner of a Prize, a selected entrant may be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance and a Release of Liability form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Official Contest Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor[s], [its or and each of their respective] advertising and promotional agencies, any contest judging organization, Purple Hill Lavender farm and Explore Ontario, provincial liquor authorities, beer distribution companies, parent companies and affiliates of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding, use and/or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor[s] in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. The Releasees do not make, nor in any manner are responsible or liable for: (i) any warranty, guarantee or representation, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition; and (ii) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance, use and/or misuse of any Prize, travel related thereto (as Declaration and Release documents must be returned within the time period indicated in the documents or the applicable Prize will be forfeited. Winner’s guest[s] must also sign and return a Declaration and Release of Liability form prior to travel and/or participating in the Prize. The name[s] of guest[s] cannot be changed once the Declaration and Release of Liability form has been received by Sponsor[s] or [its/their] agent.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting the limitations of liability set forth elsewhere in these Official Contest Rules and/or the Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability, and for greater certainty, the Releasees will not be liable for: a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest social media site(s) users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the capturing and/or processing of entries; b) the theft, loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or the Contest Website; c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions of, telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; d) any failure of any email to be received by or from Sponsor[s] and/or entry to be captured or recorded for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or social media site or combination thereof; e) damage to a participant’s or other person’s system occasioned by participation or downloading of materials in this Contest; f) any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Official Contest Rules, the selection and/or announcement of eligible winner(s), and/or the distribution of any Prize(s); and/or g) any combination of the above.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest, including, but not limited to, for the purpose of receiving one or more messages, whether electronic or not, from the Sponsor[s] or [its/their] designated representative, which may provide entrants with information regarding the Contest or otherwise further the administration of the Contest. The entrant will be deemed to have solicited these messages from the Sponsor[s] by virtue of entering the Contest. By accepting any Prize, the winner[s] consent[s] to the collection, use and disclosure to the public of their name[s], address[es] (city, province/territory), voice[s], statements and photographs or other likenesses for publicity purposes in connection with the Contest in any media or formats, including but not limited to the Internet, without further notice, permission or compensation. Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed without consent. This section does not limit any other consent(s) that an individual may provide the Sponsor[s] or others in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of their personal information.
- RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND: Sponsor[s] reserve[s] the right to terminate, amend or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice, if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Contest Rules.
- MISCELLANEOUS All decisions of the Sponsor[s], or any contest judging organization as designated by [them/it], are final and binding without right of appeal in all matters relating to this Contest and by entering this Contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. The Releasees will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, postage-due, misdirected, affected by technical failures, errors or late entries which will be void. Any use of automated devices is prohibited. All entries become the property of Sponsor[s] and will not be acknowledged or returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants (or any other entrant(s) as deemed necessary by the Sponsor[s]). Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Instagram account by Instagram or by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning accounts. An entrant may be required to provide Sponsor[s] with proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor[s] – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Instagram associated with the entry in question.
Sponsor[s] reserve[s] the right at [its or their] sole discretion to disqualify, from this Contest and any future Contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsor[s], any individual that [it or they] find[s] or believe[s] to be not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules; to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest social media site(s); or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR[S] RESERVE[S] THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Subject only to applicable law and any required regulatory approval, the Sponsor[s] reserve[s] the right and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Official Contest Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor[s] affect[s] the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Contest Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- LIQUOR AUTHORITIES: The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever with regard to any matter relating to this Contest.
- SOCIAL MEDIA SITE(S): This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any Social Media Site. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor. Any questions, comments, or complaints will be directed to the Sponsor. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes of the administration and fulfillment of this Contest.